Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

13 random things about Jennisa Joy...


1. I broke my nose when I was 2 1/2 by falling off the back of the couch and banging my nose on the window trim...ouch...

2. I have been on 2 mission trips. One to Mexico as a Freshman in HS, and the other to Honduras as a Sophomore in college.

3. I know the lyrics to most ghetto fabulous songs from around '94-'97...I had a phase when I loved rap music. My husband says I was "g-funk"...Salt-N-Peppa and Warren G were my favorites...

4. I met my husband when I was 18, and he was 23. I (painfully) pursued him for 3 1/2 months until he finally gave into my ways...we will be married for 7 years on Sunday!

5. I like to watch boxing. It started with a show called "The Contender", and since then I have liked to watch it. You can find me on the couch punching along with the guys...

6. I drive a 2000 green Kia Sephia. It was our first major purchase as a married couple. We both hope to have a van someday, but for now, it fits our sweet little family...

7. I collect Willow Tree figurines. I have 13 of them and also the Nativity collection...

8. My favorite pairs of jeans are Apt. 9 jeans from Kohl's...SERIOUSLY...go check them out!

9. I love to drink milk. My husband and I go through tons of milk every week...we're addicted!

10. I taught preschool for 3 years, and loved it. I hope to someday be like my pal Carla, and be a preschool director. I wish our church here was big enough, or capable to hold a preschool, because that would be my dream job right now...

11. If you have sitemeter on your account, and you are on my 'bloggies I cruise' list, you probably think I stalk you. Truth is, I don't. I just make my rounds many times a day...
12. I can't grow fingernails. I have even tried to grow my toenails to a certain length where you can have a french manicure look on them...yeah...this doesn't work for me.

13. I lived in the same house, in the same bedroom until I was 18 years old. My parents sold it and moved out of it the same month I got married...

8 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I LOVE Willow Tree, but they're too expensive.

It was my dream to have my children grow up in the same house their entire life, but we've already moved once, but that's not gonna happen (at least for Addyson...maybe for our future children?)

I never thought about the sitemeter on people's sites! I bet everyone thinks I'm a stalker, too!!!! I go through my list a LOT during the day to see who's posted something new. We need to have something that e-mails us when someone off our friends' list updates their blog...

Carrie said...

Love the list Jennisa!
I had written a long comment in reply, but somehow it got erased. No time to write more now...trying to stay focused on the kids and pry myself away from the computer.
The babies are starting to stir from their morning naps so we're off for a walk now.

Sarah said...

fun to read more about you, and no, I don't think you stalk me, I LOVE to get comments from you! After I saw that video of Liv practically crawling, I got a bit concerned for my Chloe. She'll be 9 months on mothers day and still no crawling! Emma was crawling at 8 months. I guess she's still got until 10 months to be in the "normal" range, why do we moms get so worried about things like that? I'm sure in hind sight I'll be glad she took a little longer to "grow up", they grow up too fast anyway right!
Love, Sarah
p.s. I wish we could hang out with our girls! I'd love to email if you're interested.

Sue said...

Great list Jennisa. Oh, I used to go through at least 3 gallons of milk a week. But now I'm lucky if I finish a whole gallon b4 it goes bad. B/c Kayla's allergy is contact reactive, I can't go near dairy when she is awake. I miss milk and cheese. :) I have a few Willow Tree figurines that I got as gifts during and after my pregnancies.

:)

amy said...

Neat list..Thanks for letting us get to know you. Love your baby names

Sara said...

Fun to get to know more about you. You should talk to ODP about teaching. I believe they are looking for teachers or even assistants, if that is your dream, then way to go!! That's why I spent 8 years in teaching, I love it and still do miss it at times. I hope to give all my teaching energy to our church ministry so I can get my "fix" so to speak. There is a huge need for more quality preschools in our town, so you should check it out....I can't believe I just said that.....NO, you shouldn't, because then I would lose you at PK and that would NOT be good....Dream on...hee hee

Dena said...

I used to LOVE boxing! I still do but that was me and my dad's thing! He used to travel to Vegas and Atlantic City to see the big ones! I used to be quite the fanatic! I do still like a good pay per view and Sugar Ray!

That's super fun!

Love the new tunes...Everything is always more fun with good music!

Amy said...

I collect the Willow Tree figures too! I also have the nativity set....fun times....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story