Tuesday, May 1, 2007

slightly overwhelming

My boss, Sara, gave me a gift certificate for my birthday to our local greenhouse, Medary Acres. I don't have quite the green thumb, although I would like to have one! I always get my plants and flowers at Walmart or Runnings, and I guess if you want a "real" garden, you are supposed to get your stuff at a greenhouse. So, Avery and I adventured out this afternoon with a gift certificate in hand. To say I was overwhelmed is an understatement. I had no clue what I was doing, what aisle I was down, and what was a shade flower or sun flower. Something we really did like was the fun moss sculptures they made up. Here is Harry the Heron...


We had a great time, Avery and I. It was a nice little outing for just us to take. Avery was as clueless as I was, so that made me feel better... Here is what we came home with! A BEAUTIFUL flowering plant thing...I wish I remembered the name! BUT, I love it! Thank you Sara!

5 comments:

Sara said...

You are very welcome Jennisa. I am glad that you got to go and enjoy your time there. you are appreciated for all you do at the store, especially when you surprise me with 'designing', I love that...hint hint. (hee hee)

Munchkin Land said...

What a wonderful outing! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so anxious to have my own yard and do things like this too!

Kim said...

Cute plant. We are doing our yard, and Trav ha the "green thumb" not I, however, I learn more an more as we go. We have 2 beautiful Flowering Pear trees in our front yard, an we planted some dahlia's & a couple other flowers in by the tress, you'll get it.

Sue said...

What a pretty plant. I'm like you - no green thumb. Luckily J has one, so he does all the gardening. I just tell him what I want the house to look like - ie pretty flowery bushes, etc. He finds something good. :) But we go every year to get our annual flowers together. Then he plants them. Doesn't get any better than that. :)

Kati said...

My aunt owns a nursery, and my mom has a degree in landscape architecture, so the "green thumb" is kind of inevitable. Even with the GT, greenhouses and nurseries are overwhelming. So much to consider in the decision making process! The plant you picked is great, and I hope it brings you lots of joy every time you look at it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story