Thursday, May 3, 2007

A little meme...

I was tagged twice today with the same little meme by Kim and Sue.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
1. I don't cook. I find no point, what-so-ever, in spending 30-45 minutes to make something that gets eaten up in 10 minutes, and then I have to clean up...why? I just don't get it...
2. Most all of the clothes my girls wear are new-to-them from the store I work at or from ebay.
3. I love my husband more now then when I married him (7 years ago on May 13th)
4. I was not very good in school. I would freeze up whenever a test was put in front of me and forget everything I studied for. My husband, however, was valedictorian of his college class...go figure!
5. I have major issues about my girls being away from me for any period of time. I have spent a total of 2 nights away from Avery (while giving birth), and Liv has been in my room every night since birth. I can not leave them with babysitters. I wish I could, but I'm not able to. I have to be with them, or my husband does, at all times...
6. Since Avery was about 6 months old I have been wearing glasses instead of contacts. I thought that glasses would cover up the weight I still had...now I just like glasses better!
7. I'm not a typical "pastor's wife". All of the stereotypes that you think of when you think of a pastor and his family, I think we break (except the part about loving JESUS) Ask any of the college girls at my church, and they'll tell you why...

Okay, there you go. Since I was tagged twice, I think I will pick more than 7.
I am going to tag
3. Sara
4. Dena
6. Amy
8. Amy
10. Jenn

10 comments:

Mandalyn said...

I didn't know you were a pastor's wife. That's great! I struggle with leaving my girls with babysitters as well. I usually leave them with friends or family--no one I'm not extremely familiar with.

Great list! Enjoyed learning more about you!

Kim said...

More things to love about my Jennisa!

annie said...

This was a fun read, and your headers look great.
I spent a week in Huron SD years ago.
(random huh?)
Blessings~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

Dena said...

Yeah! What fun - I love being tagged and I LOVE my new blog!!!

Munchkin Land said...

I can especially identify with #1. I HATE cooking! I'm more than happy to bake something but cooking I could care less about. I'd much rather clean. =)

Thanks for tagging me! I'll try to get mine up this weekend!
Jenn

Kim said...

Hey My friend Nicole just started a blog and wants to make her's "cutsie" so of course who did I think of first.... YOU! Go on to my page and she's under "Girls I know" and it's Nicole, so maybe if you send her a message, I will also give her a heads up, just let her know how much it will be! You ROCK!!!!!!

Beth~ said...

I have a hard time leaving me kids too!! When my son was little I don't think I let him stay over at my parents even until he was 3!! Kayla was 2...and Jessa is 16mths old and never stayed overnight anywhere...that is just what Mommies do i guess!

Jennifer said...

I, too, have never been overnight away from Kieran except the two nights I was in the hospital when Cullen was born! I have not been comfortable leaving them with anyone, either, and we have no family at all nearby. But recently, my husband has insisted I take time to myself, as well as alone with him. SO, we've finally started to use a babysitter and it's actually going great! My husband and I get a date each weekend and I just got back from going to Dunn Bros. myself and having an afternoon pedicure! Ahh, turns out Israel knew best all along.

Oh, and I HATE to cook, too. But I do it. So, what do you guys eat, then? So curious. Does Liv sleep through the night in your room? We moved Cullen at 5 months I think into his own room.

Anyway, so fun to learn even more similarites between us. Looking forward to seeing you in June?!

Sara said...

Les and I want to offer you and Gavin a date night on your anniversary. Do not be afraid, we would love to watch the girls for a little while so you and Gavin can enjoy dinner alone and you should.....it's your anniversary. Consider this. No charge, just fun and lots of TLC.

Carrie said...

Still trying to think of something somewhat interesting to write for my list. Maybe by the end of the weekend.....
(We've never had a babysitter other than family members. We are so thankful that our parents live within 20 minutes of us.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story