Thursday, May 10, 2007

But, I don't WANNA SHARE!

Yesterday, Avery saw a little girl outside at our next door neighbors house. Being the friendly girl that she is, Avery introduced herself and had me come over to meet her new friend. The little girls' name was Allie, and she was visiting her grandparents, who are our next door neighbors. The girls talked for a minute, and then we came inside.

About 45 minutes ago, Allie came and knocked on our door. She wanted to play with Avery. No harm, I thought. So, they played on our swing set, and then in Avery's room. Then I heard Allie say "it"..."Avery, do you wanna come over to my grandma's house?" Ugh...what do I do? So, the girls got their shoes on, and I walked them next door. I took Liv outside with me, and we sat on a blanket right where our two lawns meet, and I tried desperately to listen to what was going on inside. Finally, after 15 minutes, I couldn't do it any longer. I went over to their house to check on her. There they were, making bracelets with grandma. Avery wanted to stay a little longer, and I didn't want her to, but I let her...

So, here I am...waiting for her to come home...I don't know how I'm going to let her do preschool in the fall...I just don't WANNA SHARE her...!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I get it Jennisa, totally! My mother in law lives right up the street, literally, and sometimes I get the feeling that she wants to be the "favorite". Perhaps my own insecurity, but I want to be their number one! I'm going to have a really hard time with school too, I can see it all now. Mom, blubbering as she waves good-bye to a crying child, who probably wouldn't be crying at all if it weren't for mom's sobs. I really need to try to hold it together on that day.
Sarah

Sue said...

I dread preschool for that reason as well as others. It's hard to see them grow to be so independent. Good, but hard and sad for us Moms. Glad she had fun with her new friend.

:)

Jennifer said...

I totally, totally, totally, totally understand your feelings.

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I REMEMBER THAT FEELING! Actually, I kinda still have it. :) I want to know EVERYTHING Addyson is doing and saying and everything everyone else is saying to her. I feel like I'm missing our on her little life if I can't be there, too. You did well, though!

Liz said...

I can totally relate to that. I had a hard time when we sent our daughter to 4-k last year. It's so hard as a mom to watch them get older and maybe not need us quite as much.

Theresa Marie said...

awww... Big Hugs!!! it's hard to let them grow up (what would I know though - Audrey's only 18 months! LOL) But seriously, you did well, I think. You could have told her she couldn't go or made her come home after only a little while, but you didn't. Way to go!

Kim said...

YOu knwo I'm right here with you, I never want to share Landen withanyone, but I know that If I don't I will hear about it, and hear about i, and sometimes I need just a teeny little break. How are you and my gals?

Sara said...

Letting go is part of loving too. It's inevitable and painful. So glad you let her stay and play, such a good thing. She will always know you love her even when you're not there every single second. Every one takes baby steps in letting go and you took some....good for you and for Avery too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story