Friday, September 28, 2007

I think I'm going to pump till Liv graduates high school...

Sure, there are some down sides.
15 minutes of sitting on the floor while feeling like a cow....twice a day....
Having to worry about what I'm wearing, and if it's something that wouldn't show leaks.

But, there sure is a BIG, GIGANTIC positive... I've lost weight!

They say pumping is like burning 500 calories a day...that's a lot...really, that's a ton...

Since having Liv, I have lost all the "baby" weight from both girls. I now weigh what I did when I got pregnant with Avery. (Not bragging. If you saw me in person, you'd see I still have lots of junk in da trunk!) This is by pumping....only...

I wouldn't get on a treadmill if you paid me, and I don't eat very healthy at all....really, I don't.

Seriously....don't you think most woman would rather sit down for 15 minutes twice a day while burning calories, than actually sweating them off some other way?

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I love that darn pump....

6 comments:

The Birds Nest said...

That's too funny!!! I'll have to try that when I am finally blessed to be a mother (hopefully that will be soon). I'm with you. Pump until Liv is 50!!hehe

Ashley said...

For the weight issue, I wish I would have breastfed my kids so I could have pumped! I still have not lost the weight from my boys. I still have 15 pounds to go. I am not doing anything to lose those pounds but I do like to stand in my closet and complain because I can't wear any of my old clothes...that helps lose calories, right??

Amy said...

You are so funny! And here I am, counting down the days until I can quit my dates with my darn pump!

You know, you could donate your milk if you REALLY wanted to keep pumping. It would be for a good cause :)

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

That's funny- I still blame my baby weight on Halle who's 5- oh and 1 other problem with that theory- she's adopted!!!
Cheri

Theresa Marie said...

I told you that you looked good when I was in the store the other day, didn't I?!! :D I meant it!

Sue said...

You're funny. But hey - that's one of the reasons I was so bummed when I was unable to b/f - aside from the obvious of it being better for my girls, etc. Yay for the weight loss! I lost all my weight too, but I too will never have the flat cute tummy of my high school years. It has the extra skin from pg and the stretch marks in case there was any doubt as to where the extra padding came from. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story