Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"My school is SOOOOO cool"...
was Avery's response when we walked into our house tonight after Open House. We are very happy that she feels comfortable there and that she enjoyed herself. Now, we just have to put on a happy face... :)

Here's Avery marching with her new cool backpack on!

Still walking...
Aww....Daddy and his little Pre-Kindergarten-er...
All the kiddos got to write their names on the art easel...
This is a peek at Avery's classroom. Her teacher, Mrs. P.'s daughter was there to help out tonight. Guess what her name is...Alivia! And, there is me and Livvie watching Avery!
She loved playing in the kitchen area!
And, no joke here...Mrs. P was talking to all the parents, and this is what Avery was doing. Doing some hand-modeling and some High School Musical stuff in the mirror. Daddy and I just looked at each other...it was very funny!
And, right before we left, we had to snap a photo with Mrs. P, our teacher!
More pictures (and tears, I'm sure) to come tomorrow...

4 comments:

Nana Dianne said...

I'm so happy the open house was such a success! It will make tomorrow a bit easier for you all. I am thinking back about 24 years ago when I said my goodbyes to you on your first day of preschool. Sigh! I had to go home to an empty house tho. Thank God you will have some Livvie time then. It will be good for both of you since Liv never has had you all to herself, being the second born and all. Tell Avery I am so proud of her and have her call Nana tomorrow night and tell me all about her first day at school and yours!

Sara said...

Let Avery's joy and excitement about this carry you.
It's such a good place for her. Having that one with one with Livvie will indeed be a good thing, I agree with your mom.
It's a good thing to allow others to love your children too, and they know that no can take mommmy's place......Sleep Well

Dena said...

Wow - She is going to LOVE school are you kidding she already looks like a NATURAL!!! I can't wait to hear and see all of her tales!!!
Way to go Avery!

LeslieW. said...

That looks like so much fun! She's gonna do great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story