Monday, July 7, 2008

my very own overnight date

I admit, I have been an over-protective parent. It is a fact, I am aware.

It is also a fact that I have not spent a day/night away from Liv for all of her 20+ months of life, and have only spent 2 nights away from Avery (while in the hospital giving birth) for all of her 6 years of life.

BUT, my hubby and I are going to go on an overnight date...can you believe it? We are staying in a super nice hotel, doing some shopping, eating out, and spending time with each other. It's been 6 years since we've been alone. Gol, when I write that out it sounds like a really long time.

Whatever the case, we're doing it. My kiddos will be safe in the arms of Nana and Bapa! Hopefully I'll be okay without them.....

post signature

8 comments:

COURTNEY said...

Good for you! It's something as a parent that you have to do for your own sanity's sake. I've done it a few times and its always hard. I spend the weeks prior to the overnight visit imagining all of the horrible things that could happen to my child while she's out of my control, but when its all said and done I'm always glad that I did it.

Becky :) said...

Awesome for you and your husband. This is something that you have to do for the both of you and I know you will enjoy. It doesn't hurt to have a little alone adult time.
I hope you have a great time. I'm sure the kiddos will have enough fun of their own with the grandparents.

4 Little Men & Twins said...

Wahooo! Have fun! :) We haven't been aways from Ozzie overnight before... when I have the babies will probably be the first time.

brittany

Carrie said...

Good for you!!! It's a huge step - something I didn't do with Sam until I was 5 months pregnant with Julia. We haven't done it since so it's been over 2 years. *sigh* I'll have to live vicariously through you. :)

Cute dresses in the previous post btw. Is Liv off the charts for height? She seems so tall!! I took Julia in today and she's 34 inches tall and 33 pounds. crazy.

Leslie said...

Good for you, you need to do that sometimes. Dan and I have not really been away from our kids overnight either. We have been away from them a couple hours here or there but not a whole lot either but you need to do it. Enjoy and don't worry about them while out, they will be just fine.

Sandy said...

Have fun! =)

Manda said...

Ryan and I are going on a mission's trip to Guatemala this Novemeber. I can't imagine leaving my baby at home. Right now the plan is to have the grandmothers babysit...but I don't know if I'll be able to do it:(

Jamie said...

Oh FUN!!
Our Anniversary is in about 3 weeks, so I have to start thinking about our "Yearly Date". lol. I could only wish for an overnight date, but now I have a DOG to worry about too :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story