A Little Mommy Talk #2

8:00 AM

join us...head on over to A LITTLE MOMMY TALK and sign up!

How did you tell your spouse/sig. other you were pregnant?
Was he happy, surprised, upset, worried, etc?
How did you feel?


Avery(found out October 30, 2001): It was funny, because we had been arguing that day. His family was in town to visit, and for some reason I didn't like him too much. I went to Shopko that night and bought a pregnancy test, along with some hair dye. We weren't really talking much that night when I took the test, so when I came out and said "I think I might be pregnant" he just looked at me. Needless to say, that broke the ice between us, and we were no longer arguing. He said not to tell anyone until I had a "real" test...by a doctor. I went to work the next day and made an appt at the doctors office. The doctor agreed...I was pregnant. PG had to work that night, so I raced home as fast as I could so I could catch him before he left. I ran up the stairs (we lived in a 3rd floor apt) and he was sitting in our recliner putting his shoes on. I looked at him and said, "I'm 6 weeks pregnant." We both were shocked and ELATED! *(I have kept the 4 tests I took on my own)*


Olivia(found out February 20, 2006): Well, since this time was very much "timed" he knew when I was supposed to be testing so that was no surprise. I couldn't wait until the day the doctors office told me to, and I tested 2 days early. When I got a + I was crazy shocked. I had Avery put on her "I'm a BIG SISTER" shirt and go out and take the test to him in the living room. It didn't look like a normal test (it was an HCG stick) so he looked at me and said "what's this?" The guy didn't even notice Avery's shirt. I just looked at him, with a big smile (and probably some tears) and said "Do you see a faint line? I think I do! I think I'm pregnant!" This time we were both elated, worried, and thankful that God had answered our 32 month long prayer...*(I also kept all 5 of these tests)*

You Might Also Like

8 remarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...