Grandpa Pete

2:30 PM

(I'm posting this one day early so my Mother can read this on Sunday and not have to read it at work on Monday and bawl her eyes out there :) )

6 years ago tomorrow, my Grandpa 'Pete' passed away. As I said in a previous post, my grandma and grandpa were my 'second parents', living down the street from me. My grandfather was the single most influential person in my life. He was such a loving, giving, Godly man. Grandpa was one of those people that left an impact on people he met. He certainly left an impact on me. Here is grandpa on my wedding day...May 13, 2000. He was gracious enough to walk me down the aisle with my father...
Grandpa had cancer, multiple myloma. He was blessed with 6 more years after his diagnosis...six years that we all treasured. I was able to be in the hospital with him his last couple days, and I have to say, it was a sad but wonderful time. We all were able to say our 'goodbyes' to him, which many people are unable to do with their loved ones. For that, I am grateful.
Grandpa left a legacy. Even though my children never will meet him, the legacy that he created somehow lives in me, and in some way, I'm sure that someday I will be able to look at my girls and see my grandpa living in them...

You Might Also Like

7 remarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...