Monday, April 16, 2007

just a little MOMMY TALK

~*~ For more info on how to join, click here ~*~


So, I (along with some bloggie friends) started our own little weekly 'get to know you' posting party. This is the first installment! If you want to be included, please comment me, and I'll add you for next week!

Question 1: Was your child (children) planned or a surprise?


Avery, our almost 5 year old, was a sort-of surprise. I had had the baby bug since we had gotten married (1 1/2 years earlier), and was just waiting for the 'right time'. I informed PG one night that I was going to stop taking the pill because I didn't like what it was doing to my body (plus I really wanted a baby). 2 weeks later I had a sore chest and a UTI. Took a couple tests and couldn't believe it... I was pregnant...very exciting! We found out when we were 3 wks along. Needless to say, it was a long pregnancy!

Liv, our almost 6 month old, took almost 3 years to conceive. You can read more about the long process here. The gist of it...we were finally able to conceive with the help of fertility shots. We also found out we were pregnant early on with Liv...I think around 3 weeks also. This time, it was hard to 'sink in' that we were pregnant...for real!

10 comments:

Kim said...

I'm in!

Sue said...

Wow! I'm glad Avery came along so easily, especially since Liv was such a long road.

:)

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Thanks for getting this started. I'm sure we're going to have fun getting to know each other.

Jennifer said...

You are so the coolest, and best blogger, to get this going! Thinking back to when we first got back in touch...I wrote you and said, "check out my blog, you should make one!" And like, one day later, you made yours and you have completely surpassed me in blogging since then! Nice work!!! It's very fun to get back in touch with you this way. Can't wait to see you in person this summer, and have a photo shoot with A and O!!!

amy said...

I want to a part!! How fun! Beautiful blog design and I cant wait to read older posts of yours. Love your baby names as well.


On another note, Amy's Random Thoughts is having a blogging scavenger hunt starting May 1st. Prizes to be announced later this week! Would love to see you there!!!

Aleah said...

I've been reading your blog off and on since you left a comment on mine awhile ago.
Your new design is cute! I love the polka dots!
I'd like to be in on the "Mommy Talk" sounds fun!

Amy said...

Ohhhh....totally in:)

For us....
Parker, #1 was very, very planned!
Griffin, #2 a bit of a shocker. Wish I could get into the details, but it would be a bit too revealing!

Sue said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes Jennisa. I'm 31 - so I'm now officially "in my 30's". LOL

:)

Kati said...

Count me in!!! Sounds like so much fun!

Christy said...

Hey there and nice to meet you. I am 'lurking' I guess from another friends blog - Amanda. I hope you do not mind I have enjoyed reading some of your posts! I too am a preachers wife. My husband pastored for 5 1/2 yrs and now travels all over the country as an evangelist. I would love the opportunity to fellowship~ God bless you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story