Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Wisconsin Thanksgiving

Our family went to visit my parents in Wisconsin this Thanksgiving. It was our first real trip with Piper, and she did fantastic as a traveling puppy!

I was so glad that we went to see my beautiful Grandma. I've mentioned her before, but in case you're new here, she is in her final stages of Alzheimer's. On our last visit in April, she just cried and frowned the whole time. She had been having a bad day. BUT, this visit was quite the opposite! She smiled, sang, told Avery "she's so pretty", and babbled a ton! She and I looked in each others eyes, and I know she knew who I was.



She enjoyed seeing my girls so much. Avery was very nervous around her, but Liv was her bouncy-energetic self! Look at how Grandma responded to Livvie!



On Friday we had a visit from some more family...my cousins Caitlin and Lilly and Aunt Becky! It was a lot of fun to chat, laugh, and play with the girls. Liv loved jumping with Lilly! That girl has got some energy!


Liv also loved tickle time with Caitlin.



Here are my 2 cousins, with my girls! My mother constantly tells me how much Avery is like Caitlin, and Liv is like Lilly. There are so many similarities, and it will be so much fun to see how alike they really turn out to be!



Can't forget their mother...Aunt Becky....


My dad....my crazy dad...



After that family visit, my mother took the girls and I to Pooh Live! How fun! Minnie and Mickey even made an appearance!






Despite how we look, we DID have a good time...



Thanks Nana Dianne!



There was our Thanksgiving in pictures! It was so nice to get away, and we look forward to our Christmas holiday too!

5 comments:

MamaBear said...

My kids would have loved seeing Pooh characters on stage!

Do you find it overwhelming when you return from a holiday to make sense of all the pictures? I know I always do. You did a great job with your post. It's fun to see what you've been up to. Liv looks so much taller!

Heidi said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. I have often wondered if my girls would sit through a Disney production. Maybe if Livvie can sit through one, we might give it a try.
Grandma looks like she was in a good mood. When we visited this summer, she was out of sorts and that kind of put a damper on the visit. She wasn't talkative at all but she did have a moment or two that she seemed to unfog and know what was happening.
Thanks for sharing all the great pictures!

Vicky said...

It really touched my heart today to see you with your Grandma and see your girls with their Great-Grandma. My husband's Grandmother passed away this past weekend and it wasn't clear at all she knew us anymore. BUT, we are so glad we took the time to go see her anyway! You will be so glad you did too! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings to you!

Sara said...

The pictures with your grandma brought tears to my eyes, very special. I wish my grandma were still with us. Looks like a fun trip overall.

Faith Hope Love Mama said...

Look how cute your grandma is. I love the expression on her face with Liv. Precious. I'm so glad you got time away with the family. Have a happy Christmas season.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story