Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ode to my old fridge

Dear old mustard yellow ugliest fridge I have ever owned - fridge,




I'm so sorry to say that we no longer are able to use your services anymore. I think the 30 years that you worked for the owners of this home have done you in.



You have been a good fridge...despite being a really ugly color, and sticking out like a sore thumb in our kitchen.


My children have grown to love you, and even my oldest child was so sad to see you go today. She loves the color yellow, and just didn't like the idea of a replacement for you. I know how she feels. I mean, where else can you get a fridge with a "mustard fade to yellow" color? Yes, dear fridge...you were one of a kind...

I do wonder, however, how old you really are. There wasn't a date on your backside, but it sure looks like you were alive before I was born. Good ol' faithful!

We said goodbye to you as the Lowe's men loaded you up in their big truck to take you to a new "home". We hope you enjoy what's waiting for you there....


As for us, we are going to try really hard to enjoy our new fridge. She's a little darker than you, and a little more 'heavy-set', but I have a feeling she will grow on us.


New big black fridge....welcome to our home. You cost a pretty penny (for us, anyhow) and you better make us proud! Someday soon, you will have a new counter top that matches you, and some new fun colors on the walls that surround you.


Until then, I hope you enjoy your new home. I have a little girl that is trying hard to love you, and already another one that wants to rip your doors open...

9 comments:

Theresa Marie said...

oh how fun!!! Congrats on your new fridge! :)

Sara said...

Gotta LOVE that for sure!!!
You probably felt about your mustard fridge as how I felt saying goodbye to our brown sink just recently....LOL congrats!

PG said...

Lots of fun. Great post!

LeslieW. said...

Fun! Congrats, enjoy her while she's still clean!

Kara said...

oooo, I am now envious! My fridge broke down Sunday and instead of getting a pretty new one, we are going to save the $100 and just fix our old one. boo hiss!

Dena said...

can't even read about the new fridge cause i am tooo busy loving the new page and all the awesome new stuff and it's finally centered! all the good side stuff has been at the bottom so i could never see it- got leigh ann on the project!

Leslie said...

I agree with PG good post. I am lucky to have a nice new fridge. We had purchased all new appliances for the house we were going to live in in Indiana but since we moved we brought them with us and I love them. My fridge is waiting for the paint and decor to enjoy. The paint is bought but not up. Hopefully soon.

The Birds Nest said...

Cute post!! Hope "blackie" keeps all your snacks good company!!

Nicole said...

A new one has it's pluses and minuses. While it's prettier and nicer, it won't have the longevity of the old mustard one. We went through three quality/name brand/not cheap refrigerators while my mom still had the same one we had growing up. It was ugly but it worked... and I figure it will be back in style again before it finally gives out for good. :)

They just don't make them like they used to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story