Sunday, March 2, 2008

I confess.....

I'm a poor excuse for a house-wife. I'm probably a poor excuse for a lot of things, but this is one area where I particularly excel at sucking....

The girls snacks are still on the counter and not in the cupboard 2 days after grocery shopping...



I won't even begin to show you the sink, or the toilets....you can thank me later...

The shoes are all just thrown around in our shoe pile...



I haven't made my bed in who knows how long...probably since we last had a babysitter...

The girls room is constantly messy...I'm the only one who cleans it up, so that tells you how often it's tidy...

There is a never ending pile of laundry that doesn't get washed. My husband has begun to do the laundry because he's tired of not having clean shirts to wear...

And the living room constantly is littered with toys from the girls...

There, you have it. I'm not a neat freak...we live like messy college students...still

Whew....glad I got that off my chest...

Now, if you're sick and tired of me NOT posting here, which I have to say that I also am, please go check out my design blog, Once Upon A Blog, and click on the "Blogs I have Designed". You'll see why I'm not over here as often, because I happen to be there all-of-the-time...

13 comments:

Kim said...

Girl..... what are you frettin' about?
You should see MY house and how horrible of a housewife I am!
It's bad..... bad I tell ya, so I too live like a messy college student and then some.

Kim said...

p.s. the new design blog looks FAB!

Abbie said...

AMEN sister! I'm with you on this one...We should start a so-not-a-perfect-housewife club. And whats so bad about living like a messy college student?? Doesn't that mean it makes us sound a little younger?? :)

Lisa said...

You're funny! Maybe you aren't a great housekeeper, but I'm sure you are an amazing mom and that is all that matters! :)

Funny that you think the baby will be on the 4th... its my dad's birthday. Plus, Grace was born the day after my due date, so if that were the case with Emma that would be the 4th (tomorrow!). Sounds great to me :)

LeslieW. said...

I think that is COMPLETELY normal! That's what my stuff looks like unless Kane picks it up or the maid comes. Don't fret a bit, your girls are way more important than an orderly house!

Dena said...

Dude - at least you are REALLY good at blogging! Leslie is sooo funny - she just say that cause her house is messy too!

Josh is... said...

Maybe we should promote some wierd day... like 3/3 (march 3rd) every year as "take a picture" of your house "AS IS" day.

a little humility is good!

guys could do a "take a picture of your car as is" day.

that would be reserved for 4/4 a month later...

er... something.

your brother..

Andrea Robinson said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I needed to know that I'm not the only one who lives this way.

Andrea said...

Amen about the laundry. Brian hasn't started doing his own, yet. I don't think he knows where the detergent is.

Leslie said...

My house looks just like yours. My living room is a constant stream of toys as well. Dan does some laundry also when he is tired of waiting for work clothes. I try but I know I could do a lot better also. Lately I have not felt well so I have been on the couch a lot and so my house gets bad really fast if I am not on top of it. Oh Well.

MCmommy said...

You just made me feel so much better. I AM NOT ALONE!!! Hooray!
Right now from where I'm sitting, I am looking at a huge inflatable rocket ship on my living room floor, a highchair that is still covered with hours-old dinner, a pile of dry cleaning, and 3 piles of CLEAN laundry that eventually...one day...will need to be folded. (and today's not looking like the day--ha!)

Lesnars said...

You just live like the majority of us!!

beth said...

Thanks for putting it out there and making the rest of us feel better. At least you have the successful home business excuse. I've got nothing. No one is even sick here this week. I am just a bad housewife.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story