My Sweet Little Family's sweet little trip ~ day 2

9:00 AM

(the cute little slideshow I made isn't working,
so here are the pictures anyhow...)


The girls decided that mommy didn't need to sleep in on this little vacation of ours, so they both woke up at 7 AM...a little early for my liking. Nana and Bapa were at work, so we had the house (and Sophie) to ourselves! Nana came and picked us up to go and have lunch with her. She just so happens to work at the High School that I went to, so it was very odd to walk those halls again. Mom got Lindy's Subs for us to eat...a very nice 'back home' treat! She had to keep working, so we got the car, and off we went shopping! Liv took a 2 1/2 hour nap in her car seat, so we were able to get a lot accomplished. We hit my favorite place that I don't have at home...Old Navy. In a previous post I said how I wanted to get matching "Where's my peeps?" shirts for my girls from there, and well, I did that! They were even on sale! YIPPIE! I'm sure we'll be taking some photos of those in the next week or two!

Back to Nana and Bapa's house with McD's french fries in tow, we hung out until Bapa got home from work. (the first picture below is Avery watching Bapa come home from work)

Later that night we all went out to eat at Rocky Rococo's...one of my favorite pizza joints! I was surprised to bump into a high school friend Jamie and meet her sweet little girls Jayln and Justice! SMALL WORLD! We then stopped at Target of course, another of my favorites that we don't see that often. Then off to see my Grandma at her 'home'.

I call it a 'home', because that's what it is. About 6 years ago, Grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She has been getting worse and worse each time we see her. She now is in a home where she lives with 12 other people with Alzheimer's. It is a sad sight to see her not at all like she used to be. Avery and Liv will never get to know the Grandma that I knew growing up. Avery slept through the visit. She must have been tuckered out from her big day...probably because she woke up at 7AM!

Back to Nana and Bapa's house we went. Avery and Bapa had a little date night in the basement. They watched a princess movie and had popcorn! What a treat! Then off to sleep we went, ready for another exciting day tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

2 remarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...