Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Swim Lessons #2

My little water bug was SO excited for lessons today! I gave her a pep talk, and tried to encourage her to try everything that Brittney asked her to do, and not say "I don't want to." Take a look at what she accomplished today!


It took a little while to warm up to the water today...
Look how deep she is!!! She's in up to her armpits! That's HUGE!

Not only is she in up to her arm pits, but she left the wall...OMGoodness!

She also went deeper today with Brittney. She practiced doing her "cheetah kicks" and her "ice cream scoops". Gol, when I was a kid, it was called the front crawl...

"Look at me mom!" I was SO proud of her today!

She put her chin in the water 6 times in a row, but wouldn't put her lips in at all. She needs to work on that, and also floating on her back...we'll see what tomorrow brings!!!



post signature

5 comments:

Lisa said...

She is going to be a little fish before you konw it!!

Heidi said...

Hi Jennisa,
we are going to be in La Crosse this weekend for 2 weeks. Hopefully we will get to see you while we are there. My girls love watching Avery and Olivia growing up on your blog.

Leslie said...

You are fast, I had just hit publish post and you were there. High School camp was moved way up this year, yes usually in late July or even August. Hopefully that didn't mess up to many campers this year. Avery looks like she enjoys her lessons. Fun for you also.

Carrie said...

Way to go Avery!

and the Cozy Coupe? That was a steal! Now that we have a flat driveway I was on a mission to find a couple for my kids, but you're right - they are pricey, so I tried Craigslist and garage saled like crazy. I went back to a sale to check on an item they were holding for MCK Mama and low and behold there sat a Cozy Coupe - with a FREE sign!!! The front wheel is busted up a bit but it doesn't slow either kid down. It wasn't there the day before when I was there. Within a week I was able to track down two more (two, just in case the broken wheel one wasn't repairable). So for 14 dollars I got three of 'em! Don't ya just love a good bargain. :) Now to figure out a place to store them... We have three cozy coupes in the garage and no CARS, but that's also do to the fact that the TENT is set up in there. (long story and I've already hijacked your comments long enough)

The Birds Nest said...

Go Avery!!! You have to be so proud of her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story