Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Princess Party, for my lil' Princess

Now, I'm not good (by any means) at hosting a party for adults. I never know what to serve (since I don't cook), I don't know how to pick a theme, and I just am unsure of myself...

However, throw in some 5 year old girls, princess everything, and let me tell you....I know what I'm talking about!!!!

The house was decorated with ump-teen princess things that Avery has acquired over the years. Princesses and Princess books on our end tables, a horse and carriage centerpiece (with goodie bags, of course), princess dresses lined up for putting on, and a life size Princess welcoming the girlies into our house!

The little girlies arrived, and carefully picked which Princess they were going to be. Such a hard choice, I'm sure... Avery changed a few times, as did the other girls....

Avery, as Rapunzel

Jenna, in her own dress, wanted to be a "twirling girl"

And, Taylor ended up being Jasmine...

After some dress up, we headed out to "learn to dance like a Princess". Um, yes...that's Livvie, and um yes...she's in a ballerina costume too!!

Avery has since changed to Snow White, too....

dance....twirl...courtsey...kick.....

Livvie was right in the middle of the action

They sure did a great job dancing!!!

Next, we had a tea party! We enjoyed Sprite, twizzler bites, and skittles...and some girlie chat, too!

Next, we moved onto a little craft. What would a Princess be without a Tiara???

By the end of the party, Avery had given birth to this little prince, named Derek. And yes, changed her outfit, once again!Me and the Princesses!!!!!I can only imagine what her "Sweet 16" will be like....if they even do that anymore....

15 comments:

Nana Dianne said...

Looks like a very fun afternoon. Perfect for a cold winter day! I am partial to " Snow White". She is a natural princess!

Leslie said...

How fun for the girls. Kylie really loves the princess stuff right now as well. She loves dresses and the better they twirl the better.
Today is pretty cold and we have a group at camp today. They are sledding. BRRR..

Dena said...

Now that's just as cute as it can be! you MUST move closer - the girls would all have sooooo much fun!

Sara said...

HOW PRINCESSLY PERFECT...

Sara said...

HOW PRINCESSLY PERFECT...

The Birds Nest said...

You say you can't put an adult party together? What? I'm an adult and I wish I could have been at Avery's princess party. I would have loved to have one of those cute goodie bags from the super cute carriage, had some sprite, twizzlers and skittles, some girl chat, made a tiara, learned to dance and changed my clothes several times. Now that sounds like a fun time!!! You did good, mama!! By the way, I loved the pic of your "trip to SC" to visit us:)

Lisa said...

You are the coolest mom I know! How fun! She will really cherish those memories of such a fun afternoon you gave her!

Jamie said...

Too bad we don't live closer, Jalyn would LOVE a princess party!!

Southernlady said...

looked like fun! i go o plan one for my girls!

Tricia said...

Aww thats so cute! Lucky little girls!

LeslieW. said...

That is so precious! Abby would have LOVED that! What a cute cute party! LOve the princess music too! Abby needs that jasmin outfit....we love a dressup. We dress up more than wear real clothes.

Jenn @ Munchkin Land said...

Such a good mommy you are! =) It looks like a wonderful time was had by all the girls.

We are currently in the princess-stage too, and Devyn will often change outfits 3-4 tims a day. =) Girls are fun, aren't they?!

pinkmommy said...

What an adorable party! I know they all had a blast.

Whatever you do, don't watch "My Sweet 16" on MTV. It will make you want to grab your girls and hide them under a rock until they are 25. Those kids have some of the most insane parties, and they all get a $75,000 (at least) car.

Pea Pod Mommy said...

What a fun idea! Looks like they had a great time.

LeslieW. said...

Dude! Congrats! You are so busy you had to cut off! Awesome, you are a bloggie rockstar!

I noticed I am not on the waiting list...I have got to get rid of Christmas! Please stick me on the list!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story