Sunday, October 28, 2007

appreciated...

Did you know that October is Pastor Appreciation Month? Being a Pastor's wife, I know what it takes for a church to function. It's a lot of crazy hours, long nights, and spur of the moment calls that have to be dealt with. (Not to mention taking out the garbage and sweeping up dead ladybugs) I will be the first to admit, I have not adapted well to the demands of "pastor's-wife-hood". I have high expectations of my husband, and his involvement with our girls. Even though I know that the work he's doing for the church is very important, I still demand that he puts our family's priorities on the top of his list as well. This causes PLENTY arguments between us...

I could go on and on about the life behind the "Pastor's family", but I'll just leave it at this. If you have a church that you attend regularly, please drop your Pastor a note, an email, a card, or something, just to tell them that you appreciate them.

Our church did that very thing for my husband today. And, even though he doesn't do his job for recognition at all, I think he feels refreshed...so, THANK YOU to our church for surprising him with this!

I was hoping my camera would capture the beautiful flowers, and it sure did!

8 comments:

Sara said...

You are appreciated!! Being a pastor's family is indeed a "job" that often doesn't get "praised" for the deserved efforts. Way to go for all the "behind the scene" encouragement and supports. The church is growing....that's awesome!!! We hope to visit this next month!

Darby Stickler said...

Jennisa,
Just saw Boothe's blog.... it's beautiful and made me SMILE so big!! :) Great job! And Happy Pastor's Appreciation month you and your hubby!!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Thanks for telling us! I LOVE sending out encouragement, but I didn't know there even was such a thing as Pastor Appreciation Month. I will be sure to send some cards out tomorrow!!!

Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa Marie said...

Yes it is! And thank you for being a pastor's wife and taking on the draining tasks so that others are blessed and encouraged. God will honor that!

Dena said...

A pastor's job is 24/7 - they certainly can be under appreciated and I can't even imagine the stress on the family! Give Gavin a BIG HUG for all the work he does!
and give yourself one for being the PASTORS WIFE!!!

MamaArcher said...

I am right there with you. The pastor's wife role is a large role to fill and you sacrifice just about as much as your hubby does. My hubby pastored for several years and now he is serving in chaplaincy. IT is still very very demanding.
I am glad I stopped by your blog, it is a great place!
stop by and visit me sometime.
Blessings

The Birds Nest said...

Thanks to you and Gavin for doing what you do. Not many people have it in them to do such special kind of work. I also give praise to teachers and nurses. I don't think I could do any of the above. Once again, know that you are appreciated!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story