Christmas in July

3:32 PM

It's Christmas for my girls nearly every day of the year, as my husband would tell you. I used to work in a 2nd hand store FULL of kids stuff, so I would come home with little treats here and there for the girls. Oh, how I love to buy kids stuff. Not only do I love to buy kids stuff, but I love it when my parents buy stuff FOR my kids. :)

I did another one of my crazy searches on craigslist.com, and about a month ago I found this beautiful swing set for sale. They were asking a little too much for it, but I emailed her anyhow and told her what I was willing to pay. A couple of emails back and forth, and it was ours! The only problem? It was 5 1/2 hours away in my parent's town. How on earth was I going to get the thing here?

My kind and generous parents agreed to go get it, dig it out of the ground, store it for a month in their garage, and then borrow my uncle's trailer to get it here....they went through 3 states, and arrived in our driveway on Thursday night.

What ended up as something that I was going to buy for my girls, ended up something that Nana and Bapa bought for the girls for Christmas. I paid for the gas to get it here (at least that's what they tell me).

I'm in love, with a swing set. So are the girls, and our neighbor boys love it too!
Thanks Nana and Bapa for the wonderful weekend, being awesome grandparents, and the super fun swing set! WE LOVE IT!


post signature

You Might Also Like

9 remarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...