Tuesday, August 12, 2008

just the facts...

My brother has an article on his blog today about Barack Obama and his feelings toward abortion. Here are a couple of points that I feel that you should know about him...

*Barack is the most pro-abortion member of the Senate, with his straight A+ report card from the National Abortion Rights Action League and Planned Parenthood. He supports the late-term procedure known as partial-birth abortion, where the baby's skull is stabbed with scissors in the birth canal and the brains are sucked out to end its life swiftly and ease passage of the corpse into the pan.

*
When Congress was voting to ban this terrible form of death for a mature fetus, Michelle Obama was signing fundraising letters pledging that, if elected, Barack would be "tireless" in keeping legal this "legitimate medical procedure."

*
Thrice in the Illinois legislature, Obama helped block a bill that was designed solely to protect the life of infants already born, and outside the womb, who had miraculously survived the attempt to kill them during an abortion. Thrice, Obama voted to let doctors and nurses allow these tiny human beings die of neglect and be tossed out with the medical waste.

*
In 2007, Barack pledged that, in his first act as president, he will sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which would cancel every federal, state or local regulation or restriction on abortion. The National Organization for Women says it would abolish all restrictions on government funding of abortion.
What we once called God's Country would become the nation on earth most zealously committed to an unrestricted right of abortion from conception to birth.


post signature

10 comments:

Darby said...

Jennisa, It doesn't get much more disturbing than that. Ugh. Thanks for passing along this key info to ALL your blog readers. It was so fun to read about Avery's first day of Kindergarten! Wow! I think I'd be overwhelmed too! As always, I love to read about all your adventures in mommy-hood!

Anonymous said...

There is suppose to be a separation of church and state. While you may believe in God, that does not mean everyone does. Why should all abide by the bible when not everyone believes in it? It's called the Freedom of choice act because we live in a country that gives us our freedom which allows us to choose what's best for us.

Jennisa said...

My Reaction:

"While you may believe in God, that does not mean everyone does. Why should all abide by the bible when not everyone believes in it?"

I don't think it takes believing the bible, or believing in God, to be pro-life. Even if I didn't believe there was a God, I would still believe that a baby was in fact, a baby...

Abbie said...

Oh this makes me physically sick.

I COMPLETELY agree with what you said-even if I didn't believe in God, it's just the simple fact that there is a teeny human with a precious beating heart inside each pregnant womans belly. You cannot kill a human, simple as that.

That makes me so sad.

Shelly said...

thank you for sharing this! i hope you don't mind but i would like to pass along this info on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this!

Isn't it funny that a baby isn't a baby until it takes its first breath?? Or for others, a baby isn't a baby until you can see it. It's kind of like saying the dishes I washed last night weren't real dishes until I took them out of the dish washer and put them away. Sometimes I can't believe how ppl can totally mutate the TRUTH to believe what they want to believe.

Manda

Carrie said...

Thanks for posting this. This topic is THE deciding factor in who I vote. Even if the person's economic plan stinks I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I chose an easier financial life over the right for every baby to be born.

RZ said...

I already knew these facts about Obama and I can't discuss it because it makes me so outrageously angry that I can't see straight. I wish the people who don't think a baby is a baby until it's born could talk to these mothers that are faced with such heartache, before their baby is even born--like Stellan's mom!! But wait, he's not a baby according to some people.

I won't be voting for Obama, and depending on whom John McCain chooses as his VP I may not vote for him either. Local news stories are reporting that he may be choosing Tom Ridge from PA--who is pro abortion.

Terri said...

I knew this about him too. I always vote prolife. As for the anonymous comment - just because you don't believe the Bible doesn't give you a right to kill a person. I mean really; to just let a baby die because he has down syndrome, what kind of person could do that?

Brenda said...

I am so thankful for you, Jennisa, for wanting to be a voice for good in helping those that may not be aware of what some of our potential leaders' views are. "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." I share the same concern as you and I have great concern for the welfare of our country and our God-given freedoms. I choose not to play God in making the "choice" to keep or take a life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story