Monday, July 2, 2007

Mommy Talk

to join us, head on over to Mommy Talk...



This weeks question:

How hard was it for you to lose your pregnancy weight and keep it off?


Well, I gained 30 lbs while pregnant with Avery back in 2002. I didn't have to do anything to lose the weight. Good thing too, because I sure as heck had NO energy to try and work out! I was with-in 5 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight at my 6 week check-up after she was born. I guess pumping helped a lot!

During our almost 3 years of struggling with infertility I put on about 15 lbs...YUCK, I know. So when I got pregnant with Liv, I was already a tad heavier than when I got pregnant with Avery. I gained 20 lbs with Liv, and the same happened this time. I was within 5 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight at my 6 week check-up. Again, I didn't do anything to lose the weight. I pumped, but that was it. I ended up losing the whole 35 lbs that I had put on since Avery. So, I am now back at my pre-pregnancy weight. The second I stop pumping for Liv, I'm sure I will pack the pounds on again. I joke around saying that I will pump till she's 14 because it's such a great "exercise program" for me! :)

8 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! That's awesome that you lost it all and so quickly. Pumping will do that. That's another reason I wish I could have b/f (aside from all the obvious reasons for the girls).

Love the pics from the wedding. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Michelle said...

I breastfed Kayla, but I forgot that I did a lot of pumping too because I wanted Joe to be able to feed her sometimes...I guess the pumping did help too! I remember the weight just coming off so quickly and I was so surprised because I wasn't "doing" anything!

Raising joey said...

I lost my pregnancy weight quickly too with my son, I'm hoping for the same this time! Great post!

LeslieW. said...

That's awesome, congrats. I am sooo impressed you have pumped this long, that is really hard. Yea for you...Supermommy!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't that hard for me to take off, but it tries to sneak back if I am not careful.

teeth whitener

Carrie said...

I agree with Leslie! Pumping multiple times a day is way harder than breastfeeding. I don't know anyone who's lasted as long as you! I heard somewhere that we burn 500 calories a day producing milk. That means we can eat at least 2 guilt-free cookies. :)

Sara said...

You are blessed by breastfeeding...I actually gained most of my weight while breastfeeding Maddie. I craved everything and anything...especially DQ treats...sigh.

ChupieandJ'smama said...

That's great! Mine was much harder.
The wedding pictures are beautiful. Looks like a wonderful time!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story