Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm SCREAMING with excitement!

Okay....many of you know my fears and anxieties about sending Avery to preschool in the fall. I signed her up because she needs to go to some sort of school...she IS 5 ya know! So, I enrolled her in a MWF afternoon preschool.

Well, as the months have gone on, I have been re-thinking this whole preschool thing. And, when Avery up and started reading a month ago, I really was wondering what to do. I didn't want her to be in a class with kids 1 year younger than her...just didn't seem like she would be challenged enough, ya know?

I called the preschool early this week just to ask about the Pre-K program they have. I didn't really think they had any openings, and they didn't. BUT, today, one of the teachers called me to inform me that a spot opened up for Avery! It does cost $110 a month, which is a BIG stretch for us, but I really think it's what's best for her!
Why is this better for her you ask? Well...
*this class only has 10 kids compared to the 25 her other class would have
*this class has 5 girls and 5 boys...perfect mix!
*this class does not have another Avery in it that is a boy, as her MWF class did
*this class gets to buy their own school supplies (FUN!)
*they get to bring their own snack to school (great for us allergy moms)
*they go on a lot more field trips
*they are doing a handwriting curriculum
*they go every day for 3 hours (at 8:20 am...not so great for moms!)

So, catch my drift....I am excited for this! I feel so much better with this class, and now instead of dreading preschool...I'm looking forward to it! CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THAT!

10 comments:

Abby and Reese said...

That is going to be soooo great for the both of you! Starting small is good too. This will be Abby's 3rd year in Mother's Morning Out, She get's so excited to go to school! Make sure you get a picture of her and her backpack on the first day! Those are the best, can't wait to see it!

Munchkin Land said...

Isn't it wonderful when God answers prayers like this?! I am just so happy and thrilled for you!

Dena said...

Wow! I can't believe its ALREADY time for school - Avery is going to have soooo much fun - I mean she will have a BIGGER audience! but YIKES 8:20 AM???

Holly said...

YAY for Avery!!! I can totally understand why you are more excited! And I am really glad to hear that you are more comfortable with this situation and are even looking forward to it. Avery will have a blast meeting new friends and learning lots of new things!!! YAY!

Jamie said...

Im so excited for her, she will have so much fun.

Theresa Marie said...

Jennisa - I am BEYOND excited for you!!! How GREAT!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Okay...let me just tell you about that morning thing!!! Addyson had to be at Pre-K at 8:00 in the morning!!!! SERIOUSLY! Do these people not know how much sleep these little ones need? It was RIDICULOUS trying to get her to bed by 8 p.m. We weren't even HOME by 8 p.m. a lot of times. It seriously sucked!!! She had a great time and we met lots of great friends, though, so I guess it was worth it. :)

I'm happy that you are so excited. As you know, when God provides a new door, He also provides the means to get through it...so, that monthly tuition will just fall from above.

Sara said...

The Pre-K program is amazing and Ms. Wendy is a GREAT teacher!
I agree that she should be in that class, you remember how I felt wanting Ben in that class so he could be challenged more, so I'm VERY happy for your decision.
The small class is PERFECT.
God always provides a way and this is a great start for Avery!!!!!

Kati said...

I'm so happy that you found this for your little Avery!

I don't even want to start thinking about preschool for my little ones, but when the time comes...hopefully something so wonderful will come our way as well!

Sue said...

That's great you got her in the class you wanted. It's such a relief when you are comfortable wher she's going. Kayla's preschool supplies snacks, but they've said I can bring all her food for added piece of mind for me. I'm most terrified of the food thing. Otherwise it's a mix of excitement for her and aaaaah, I can't believe she'll be in school.

I can't wait to watch your video later from home.
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story