To you, she's "MckMama"....but to me...

2:04 PM


she is "Mel"....my long time friend.


No, her name isn't "Mel", but it's a fun lil' joke between us. She and I grew up together in church. She bit my brother when they were 2, we were in puppet-eers, a Psalty Christmas program, and numerous other church productions together. She and I became really close in late high school, we went to church camps together, on a Mexico mission trip, and when my grandfather passed away in 2001, she made the trip to see us. Mel got me into blogging, and because of her, I now design these crazy blogs for my job!


Mel has had an eventful life in the last couple of years. She's birthed 4 children, and most recently went through the most monumental spiritual experience. Her 4th baby, Stellan, was found to have a horrible heart condition, and Mel was told around 24 weeks that he would probably be still-born. At this time, Mel's story exploded through this large blog community, and she had people all over the WORLD praying for her and her unborn baby.

This last week, this baby who was going to die at 24 weeks, was born a perfectly healthy full-term baby. The power of prayer by all of blog world has been heard, and sweet Stellan is now a living miracle.

It's been amazing to walk along side her through these good and bad times....she's shown more strength in her trials than I ever could.

Love you Mel,

and, for kicks and giggles, here are a couple photos of she and I, oh, and her husband back in the day, too....

(purple sweatshirt-MckMama, doily looking dress thing-Me, blonde boy in plaid-MckMama's husband)


(top left, yellow hat-MckMama's husband, front left-Me, front right (in glasses)-MckMama)

In case you've been under a rock for the last couple months, and haven't heard about her blog, HERE is the link! :) Tell her I sent you....she'll be glad you came by!


You Might Also Like

12 remarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...