Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Daddy had to work late the other night, so the girls and I turned on a Christmas movie and began decorating our house for Christmas! I bought them a very cheap tree last year on clearance so that they could have their own tree to decorate. Avery LOVED being able to do this, and Liv LOVED taking off the ornaments...which didn't make Avery happy at ALL!


Piper kept busy as well....chewing on whatever she found to chew on...


The "real" tree is finally finished as well. Daddy and I have had the same decorations since we got married, so this year it was time to get something new...finally! Nana Judy gave us these really neat ice blue pine cone lights, so that was our new theme...ice blue and silver! It looks so elegant, and kind of out of place in our not so elegant home, but it is oh so pretty!

I have a feeling that many houses will be busy decorating this weekend! I hope that we will be putting our lights up soon....

8 comments:

Sara said...

very pretty. Sounds familiar to us. We have the same ornaments for over 14 years and finally just last year, decided it's time to snazz up the tree (got a new one on clearance just this year) and are searching slowly for some new decorations as well.....so funny to read this. Maddie loves the girls little one too, she says.

Becky said...

Love the pink tree; perfect for two little girls! Yes, I hope to decorate this weekend too IF I can find a place that sells trees (it's gotta be real!) CG will be in Argentina for Christmas, so I am hoping to do a mini-Christmas for her when she and LB are home for Thanksgiving.

Our tree will be the same as usual. I bought/buy an ornament every year for each girl that commemorate something that happened that year. My idea is that when the girls have a home/tree of their own, that they will have a start on ornaments. It will be a saaaaaaad Christmas when I no longer have their ornaments to hang! xx oo -- can't wait to see you this Friday!

Beck said...

Your girls are SO cute! I have always decorated my entire house in blue/silver/white for Christmas. I don't have one Santa thing, LOL...only snowmen and snowflakes! My family used to make fun of me but now I think they are used to it. I think it is so elegant like you said, and so beautiful! Happy Holidays (:

Heidi said...

I love the cute pink & white tree. What a cute idea to let the girls decorate their own tree. I am hoping that I can convince Dan to do our decorations soon but he firmly believes not until after Thanksgiving or sometimes even December.

The White Family said...

Girl, your making me want to pull out all our Christmas goodies and display them around the house already.. Your tree's are beautiful!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a cute pink and white Christmas tree...just perfect for the girls!

LeslieW. said...

Very pretty! I am not yet in the Christmas mood yet...a little sad I think!

Amy Fichtner said...

I love the tree!! I have never seen a white & pink one before, very cute:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story