Tuesday, May 6, 2008

my poor husband.....

seriously, the poor guy. The things he has to put up with.

I JUST re-did the girls room (actually, he did most of it). I bought new bedding for the both of them, new paint, curtains, trim, and the whole nine yards....

I LOVE the room. It's super cute. I have no complaints. Well, I guess there is one complaint.

Avery will be 6 in July, and she's still in a toddler bed...*gasp*, huh? She's so tiny, and I wanted to maximize the space in their bedroom.

Who, in their right mind, has a 6 year old child that is in a toddler bed? Apparently this crazy momma does...

So, it got me searching. NOW, so you don't have a heart -attack hubby, I'm NOT thinking about re-doing the girls room...that would just be crazy, right? (*smile*)

BUT, I think Avery needs a bigger bed...a twin bed. And, since the matching bedding set of the girls are both toddler/crib sets, what's a girl to do? I'm thinking that I'll have to ask my mom to fashion a twin comforter out of the toddler one, or something like that.....

Or, I'd just have to re-do the whole room....

after all, check out these ADORABLE bedding sets???





Hey, I'm just saying..... :)
(by the way...these sets are super cheap from Target and Walmart...so cute!)

14 comments:

Tricia said...

Tessa has the one in upper right hand corner and she loves it. My only complaint is Ive had to resew some edges on them, but I like it since its something she can grow into.

LeslieW. said...

Abby has the top right one too! We love it.

4 Little Men & Twins said...

Oh bummer! :) Those sets are very cute... you could coordinate something with the crib maybe?

love the new profile pic.

talk to you soon,

Brittany

Jamie said...

I just bought the kids new stuff a month ago, and I had the hardest time finding cute stuff (that didn't break the bank).
I didn't see any of those super cute ones!

Carrie said...

Don't feel bad. Sam is 3 1/2 and is still in his crib where he'll stay until he's at least 4. I don't need a wandering child in my house at night. A mom needs her sleep!

I know it wouldn't be as colorful, but could you do a solid colored bedspread for Avery that matches the rest of the room? Maybe the current bedding can be sewn into a bed skirt to add some pattern to the mix.

Tricia said...

Oh I forgot to add...Levi is 5 1/2 and still sleeps in a toddler race car bed.

Alex & Jill said...

My sis-in-law just moved her 5 yr old son out of his tiny bed and into a twin, last week. I joked with her that he's still so tiny because he can't grow in a bed that small. LOL I LOVE the bedding, can't believe it's at Target! Super cute. You need to post pics of the new room... I love to get ideas for when I actually have babies! :)

Dena said...

LOVE the bedding - I think the plaid is soooo super cute!

Sarah said...

Very cute! As a woman who can appreciate decorating girl's rooms, go check out my plans for Emma and Chloe. I'm so excited to get started in a few weeks!
Sarah

The Birds Nest said...

That's a REALLY tough call, but I have to go with the plaid. LOVE IT!!!! By the way, I slept in a crib in my paren't room until I was some insane age like 6 or something. I'll have to ask my mom and get back to you on the age. It was old, though. Were there not toddler beds in the early 70's???

The Birds Nest said...

That's a REALLY tough call, but I have to go with the plaid. LOVE IT!!!! By the way, I slept in a crib in my paren't room until I was some insane age like 6 or something. I'll have to ask my mom and get back to you on the age. It was old, though. Were there not toddler beds in the early 70's???

The Birds Nest said...

That's a REALLY tough call, but I have to go with the plaid. LOVE IT!!!! By the way, I slept in a crib in my paren't room until I was some insane age like 6 or something. I'll have to ask my mom and get back to you on the age. It was old, though. Were there not toddler beds in the early 70's???

The Birds Nest said...

That's a REALLY tough call, but I have to go with the plaid. LOVE IT!!!! By the way, I slept in a crib in my paren't room until I was some insane age like 6 or something. I'll have to ask my mom and get back to you on the age. It was old, though. Were there not toddler beds in the early 70's???

The Birds Nest said...

How do I delete some of those comments? I don't know what happened!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story