Tuesday, May 20, 2008

long and lean....

those were her Dr.'s words on Monday as we went for Liv's 18 month check up (a month late)
I have gotten used to the idea that my kids are just going to be on the small side.

Here are Liv's stats from today!
Weight: 21 lbs, 9 oz - 10%
Height: 31 1/2 in - 50%
Head: 18 1/4 in - 50%

Another funny thing worth noting.....

the doctor asked if Liv was saying 8-20 words by now. I looked at her and smiled. "Um, no", I said, "but she does know Chinese, and I'm sure not many 18 month olds know that!".

Liv says 3 words right now....English words that is. She says "Mama", "Dada", and "bye bye". She's a tad slow on the speaking side, but like I said, she can speak Chinese like you ain't never heard before.....

5 comments:

Becky :) said...

I totally understand this. My daughter was the same way. She was always small and skinny to boot. I'm 5'2" and her dad is 6'1" and she is now fully grown at 16 yrs old and 4'11" and weighing 93 pounds. I feel bad for her too.
Sometimes I guess girls are just small little joys in your life. :-)

4 Little Men & Twins said...

Chinese huh? that's impressive. :)

Leslie said...

They may be smaller now but who knows how tall they will get. My girls are tall now but who knows they could stop and be short. We will see huh

Ashley said...

She is only slow at speaking because she has a sister to speak for her. She doesn't need to express herself as much as her older sister used to. She'll come around and then you'll be begging for her to be quite!! :)

Chinese huh?? Wow, she is probably talking about you and you'd have no idea :)

Ashley said...

I meant quiet...sorry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story