Monday, December 17, 2007

(not really our car, just a photo lifted from the internet...although I wouldn't mind that adorable chain link fence in my driveway! :))It just hit me this morning....

As I was dropping Avery off to school, I looked around the parking lot at the cars surrounding me...

I was surrounded by SUV's and Mini Vans. My cute little 2000 Kia Sephia was in the minority!

We've had this car since February 2001, and it has been a great little car to us.

Did I ever tell ya? When we got pregnant with Livvie, we had 4 eggs release, so up until our 6th week of pregnancy, we didn't know how many babies we were going to have! We freaked out a bit, and almost got a van, but in the long run....we didn't need it!

I don't know what the point of this post is...I guess I just noticed how many "families" don't have 4 door cars anymore...

except us...we have 2 of them...

7 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

I'm in the minority with you, sista! I do, however, want an SUV, but that's just going to have to wait a little while longer!

Kimberly said...

I hate to burst your bubble on the Kia Jennisa but I feel I must.
I USED to drive a Kia Sephia, and it did all right, however I did let off the brake one day and rolled, I didn't even touch the gas pedal at this point, I rolled into the truck in front of me and the entire front end of my Kia crunched, like a pop can, it pushed the radiatior and all back, smoking, and liquid leaking. It ALMOST totalled out, almost but didn't quite hit the mark. So now I have an SUV, it takes a little more to fill up with gas, but I will never go back to a regular car. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Lisa said...

I'm with you. I have a Accord and love it! Although there are many times I do want a bigger car... maybe one of these days :)

Jeffcoat House said...

If it makes you feel ANY better, we just got rid of our suv and cram all 3 of our boys in the back of a Ford Contour.

Leslie said...

We still have a car. Dan and I are starting to save though for a new vehicle. I really like a couple of the crossovers that have seating for 7 or 8. We are planning on having another child in the near future and know that the car is getting smaller all the time. We will hold on as long as we can though.

Theresa Marie said...

we gave in to getting a van... can't give up a good deal when you find one! and we had been saving :) I am SO thankful for our van - makes it easier on my back. But I do remember driving our car to MOPS and when getting to the parking lot, thinking wow... I was the ONLY car in the parking lot! LOL... so I can relate!

Dena said...

I have an SUV - I LOVE it - you need something with SNOW tires baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story