Monday, February 2, 2009

toddler beds and teeth cleaning

It's been an eventful couple days here at our house! After the post I did last night, I decided to bring up the toddler bed from the basement for Liv. I would have been up all night wondering when Liv was going to crawl out of her crib. Switching to a toddler bed is NOT in my plans, but I guess Liv is ready!

Here is Daddy tucking her into bed.


It didn't work AT ALL....


Liv kept opening and closing her bedroom door. She finally fell asleep on the wood floor in daddy's office. Not a fun night...lots more of those to come I'm sure...

MONDAY

Today was a big day for Avery. She got to go to the dentist!



She was VERY nervous... Look how tiny she looks in that big ol' chair!


She had a hard time keeping her mouth open for the hygienist.


Mr. Dentist looked at her teeth and said that she needed to have 3 'sealants' done on some back teeth, but NO cavities! He did say that she should see an orthodontist because she has an "under bite"...more on that to come I suppose....


Getting ready for the bright light!


Having the sealants done...



We were so proud of miss Avery! I knew going to the dentist was going to be a very scary thing for her to do, and she did it! YEAH AVERY!

6 comments:

MamaBear said...

NO cavities!!! Way to go Avery! I'm going to try to get Julia in for some sealant. I wish I would have known about that for Sam.

Good luck on the bed transition. I'm curious how naps work now?
I'm really hoping we're a good year or two away from that transition in our house. :)

Sara said...

Horray for Avery!
I have not had trouble with Ms. Maddie at the dentist, even through 2 fillings, but Mr. Ben is a terrible patient (he needs a full reconstruct/braces for all his crooked teeth....ugh!). He thinks braces will be cool, but he has no idea....heee hee.
Hang in there with Livvie....believe ME...I understand very well. Maddie is 5 and just NOW sleeping in her bed!!!! Call if you want to talk.

LeslieW. said...

You have had a lot going on! Good luck with the toddler bed...if you get desperate you could always lock the door. That's the way we roll here.

Becky said...

This reminds me of the Berenstein Bears - do they even print these books anymore? I think we had the entire collection, and I specifically used them to introduce the girls to situations. "The Berenstein Bears Go to the Dentist" prepared them really well so it was smooth sailing. All of the other books made life easier too (doctor, camping, vacation, get in a fight, scared of the dark, etc etc. Anyway... the dentist is a scarey thing and it looks like Avery did great! Just wait... I remember wondering if I could "Please take home that nitrious oxide" because it made Lilly sooooo happy and easy to get along with. HA!!!

Susan said...

That looks great! Spacify offers wide range of Toddler Beds .

jane said...

Pretty cool stuff, you can find more Toddler Furniture from Casamodern.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story