Saturday, June 2, 2012

conviction...


I was just gonna get on here and talk about how fun our day was....

How the girls were getting along together this morning...

How much fun Olivia had at a birthday party....

How nice it was to have some alone time with just Avery today for 2 hours....

How I found some great stuff at our bargain stores here
(seriously...ever wonder where the curtain "displays pieces" go?
I found a WHOLE BIN of beautiful pieces of curtain fabric for 50 cents a piece...awesome steal)

How nice the weather was today, and how the girls and I went to the pool for a bit, even though the water was cold.

BUT,

my words, and my actions tonight seem to totally outweigh those fun things.

I have a quick temper. It doesn't come out a lot, but it sure seems like lately it's been coming out a lot more with my girls. When they're too loud, when they get Winnie all crazy, etc.

I was going to get on here and pout a bit about how horrible I feel....my girls all tucked in bed, and I was so rude and short with them tonight.

AND then, I get on the computer to write, and check my messages, and my father just posted the below on facebook for me to see....

convicted....

May I think twice before I raise my voice, and choose my words carefully with my girls.....

1 comment:

Becky said...

Awww, Jennisa.

One time I spanked Lilly so hard it left a welt (not sure how to spell that). I guess I was "trying" spanking to see if it would work, but after that, I never spanked her again. I can still remember it, I can still see the mark, and it makes me want to throw up. Still, even thirty years later (currently feeling sick to my stomach... argh)

BUT

here's the thing... Lilly doesn't remember a thing and no permanent harm was done.

SO

it was a wake up call to me, and a HUGE lesson. HUGE.

You are a fantastic mom Jennisa! But, jeepers, we are SO not perfect and we can only try to learn from and correct our errors.

Your girls won't remember yesterday, but you will. And, so we learn, huh? I hope you are not discouraged today.


---- interesting about your Dad's timing! That ole Stormy...

Becky

p.s. I don't think I have too much of a temper, but I also remember putting MYSELF in time out a time or two to curb my reaction. I believe that was in the teenage years ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story