Monday, October 27, 2008

Olivia's 2 year check-up

We ventured out in the cold today for her 10:30 appt., sick and all. Every year at this time I wonder the same thing....why on earth do we live where it gets this cold?

Anyhow....

Liv's stats:
Weight: 23 lbs (10%)
Height: 33 1/4 in (50%)

We have been concerned about Liv's speech, or lack there of, since her last appt at 18 mths. Today, our Dr. made her recommendation to have Liv tested in BIG TOWN for her hearing. Could be nothing, or could be that she's not hearing the high and low frequency's of our voices. She was especially concerned with the way that Liv says "yes".....

So, we'll have that appt, and then we will also be doing a program for birth-3 year old children who need help in certain areas. Liv will get speech help, I'm sure!

So, in the long run, it will all be good, but right now, we're just not sure what the problem is!

I told hubby that her not hearing well would sure be a good excuse for her being so disobedient and not listening to the word "no"! ha ha!


4 comments:

Faith Hope Love Mama said...

My son started Speech therapy when he was 2 (day after his birthday). He had his hearing tested (3x) and nothing. He was severly speech delayed for no apparent reason. We spent a year in therapy and to this day (he's 4 1/2) you would never know. He has an incredible vocabulary also and talks non stop. Good luck with this. It takes work and lots of patience but is so worth it in the end.

Tricia said...

I have an award for you on my blog girl!

Lori said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog from MckMama's blog. Anyway I have a 5 year old son named Avery and a almost 30 month old son named Addison. Avery talks a lot and I mean a lot. Addison on the other hand not so much, but is starting to catch up to Avery. When Addison was around 2 months old we thought he might have a hearing problem and got help from a free program called SoonerStart for birth to 3 year olds. Once he turned 16 months they decided that it was not a "hearing problem", so we moved onto speech and last Year's Eve he had tubes put in due to a small amount of fluid that had always been in his ears. As of August we no longer with SoonerStart, because he is now where he should be and beyond development wise. We are very thankful for their help.
I have blog about it. Check out my blog if you want.

I hope all goes well.

Lisa said...

Grace is actually starting speech next week b/c of her articulation. And she is also getting her hearing checked. So we will see.

Anyway, help never hurt right!! I'm sure she will be talking better in no time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story