Wednesday, March 25, 2009

blog help...

When you go to upload a photo, have you ever seen these numbers and wondered what they meant?

For a while, when I go to upload my photos onto my blog, I have been getting a warning that says that I am "currently using 81% of my 1024 mb".

I panicked, and thought I was going to have to start a whole new blog because, after all, if I don't have any more memory, how would I upload photos of my girls?

That was what I thought, until I saw that "?" next to the warning. A couple days ago I clicked on it to see where it would take me!

Well, it took me here:
How can I get more storage for my images?

which then took me here...

Upgrading Storage: How it works

From that last site, you are able to purchase additional storage, which means you can blog until...well, forever, and not worry about your storage!!!

So, for $20, I got 10 GB (compared to the 1GB that you get free from blogger).
  • 10GB - $20/yr
  • 40GB - $75/yr
  • 150GB - $250/yr
  • 400GB - $500/yr
So, now when I go to upload a photo, here is what I see.....

"You are currently using 7% of my 11264 mb"

Guess I'll be blogging until...well, forever now....

Let me know if this was helpful! :)

9 comments:

Amy B said...

I have never seen anything like that...I had no idea there was even a limit..

Alicia said...

Thank you for that info. I have never even payed it any attention. I kinda thought one day I would run out of space..I have ALOT of posting to do until that day comes. When it does tho I will for sure buy more.. what ever it is, lol.

McMommy said...

OHHHHHHHHH!!!!! That is extremely helpful!!!! Thanks for explaining!

Lisa said...

I haven't seen that yet.. but I've heard of others having this issue too. By the way.. your blog came up super fast today!!

AnniePearl said...

Money worth spending! Thanks for the tip!

Nicole

Welcome to M and M World! said...

Thank you for the tip...I'm not there yet but know what to do when it happens.
BTW, I have been missing your blog. I wasn't able to view it for a couple of weeks. So glad it's fixed.
MC

J.E.R.B. said...

Thanks for this info. I just knew Blogger was going to get my money sooner or later LOL I'm hook now and they know it. I came across your blog from your friend at mycharmingkids.net and I got to her blog from faith's blog (Kylea Poole) funny how we get around, right? I hope I can ask you some questions regarding your blog business. Your designs are just so beautiful.

Kelly said...

That's good to know! I post TONS of pictures on my blog, but I think I'm only to 8% because I upload them to photobucket first and then copy the html code to blogger to make them bigger - check out my blog see what i mean? My friend changed my blog so there were no side bars and my pictures would be gigantic. Do you know how to do that if you were to redesign my blog?

Lawny said...

you should use free image hosting places such as tinypic.com or photobucket.com and link them to your blog its really easy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story