Avery...the not so great side...

8:37 AM

Last night, I was nice enough to take Avery to the movie store to rent a movie. PG and I wanted to rent one, so I figured it would be nice if she was able to have one. We searched the store, and she found not one, but two movies to get. Again, nice mom lets her get both of them. We get home...she's super excited to show Daddy what she picked out. Then, off to Mommy and Daddy's room to watch them.

First comes "Charlotte's Web", and next "My Little Pony...The Princess Promenade". PG and I were out in the living room playing with Liv, and watching the SAG awards. After her movies were done, Avery came out and began whining about something or another. I told her that I would talk with her when she was done whining, so she should go back to her room until she was ready to talk to me. Again, I spoke to her fairly nice.

Five minutes of crying and "Mommy" calling goes by, and finally she comes out. Then she says, "Mommy. You need to come with me to your bedroom...there's something wrong with your bed." I told her to just tell me what was wrong. She said something was wrong with the movie, so I told her to go get it and bring it to me. Well, turns out, while she was in my room crying and whining, she decided to maul the DVD case and insert from the movie store. She brought out the DVD case, and PG and I just looked at each other. She has NEVER done anything like this before, so we didn't know quite what to do. I went to my room, and all over my bed was the remains of the My Little Pony movie insert, ripped up. I brought out the pieces to show PG, and he was in shock. Avery, of course, began crying, and I told her to go to her room until daddy and I decided what her punishment would be.

I called the movie store to tell them what happened. Turns out this sort of thing happens a lot, and we were not in trouble, so that was good. We had a hard time coming up with a punishment. After all, she is 4. We decided that Avery had to take back both of her movies that she rented, along with an apology to the movie store guys. So, 9:15 at night, I bundled her up, while she was distraught and in tears, to go to the movie store. She cried the whole way there. I was suprised that when we gave the videos back, she did mutter an "I'm sorry" to the clerk. Then, she cried all the way home.

I guess this is the not so fun side of being a parent. Avery has always been such a good kid, so it is such a kick in the gut when she made such a bad choice. Let's just hope she doesn't make a bad choice like this again...

Oh yeah, when she wasn't looking I snapped a photo of her ripped up piece of art...
shhhh...don't tell her!



You Might Also Like

4 remarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...