Tuesday, April 7, 2009

getting fixed...

I took Piper in this morning to get "the job done". I felt so bad for her. She wasn't able to eat or drink most of last night, and the poor thing was just looking everywhere she could for scraps.

I took her at 8 AM, and I was able to pick her up this afternoon. She's doing, well, as good as can be expected? She just had her ovaries and uterus cut out! Good grief. Just by looking at that face, you feel bad for her, don't you? Ohhh, sweet Piper....

I bandaged her up for a couple reasons. First, my curious girls. They would be wanting to look at her stitches all day and night, and Liv would probably even try to touch her incision. Second, my mothers dog had an episode where she tore out her stitches with her teeth...don't want to go there.

Isn't Liv going to be such a good helper? :) yea right! :)
This is exactly what Piper is doing at this very second. Curled up in a ball, sleeping in her little bed next to me on the couch. I sure hope she feels better soon....

5 comments:

Becky said...

Poor baby dog! She does look a little bewildered and sad.

Yes - I was 20 when you were born and I remember the night I found out. I was studying at Murphy Library and called my mom from a pay phone to ask if you had arrived--- yes! A baby girl! And I remember LOVING your name. :-)

Amac said...

Tell Piper I'm sorry.

I should also apologize for laughing at the first picture of her on this post.

Again, truly sorry.

Sara said...

Ohhhh, I remember that experience with our lucy belle too.....I know how you are feeling. Ben and Maddie have asked at times why Lucy can not have babies and when I tried to explain, Ben says, "why did you do that?"....yah, I know. I felt like a bad dog momma, but it is a good thing to do overall. She will get lots of extra love I'm sure. Thursday is coming.....LOL

TressaMOMof3 said...

Poor baby! We will be getting our new dog fixed soon too!
Tressa

Alicia said...

Awww, little piper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story