Thursday, March 11, 2010

trash...

I started looking today for bathing suits for Avery. I am just appalled at the kind of suits they make for little girls to wear. Actually, no one should wear suits like this, but little girls? I can't even imagine what goes into the minds of these companies as they are brainstorming their latest design choices for the upcoming years....they are definitely not thinking as we are, a conservative Midwest family. Instead, they must be thinking with the brain of a messed up sick male. Take a look at just some of the suits that are available for my 7 year old...



string bikinis....nice. I don't care if they are shorts, it's all wrong...



ooh, these ones are nice for the cleavage...of a 7 YEAR OLD GIRL....



and these, I just don't have words for. I mean, seriously...put some clothes on your sweet child.



Disney even gave in and corrupted the image of Minnie Mouse...



and these one pieces with the fashionable side cut outs...are you KIDDING me?

sigh...

looks like Avery will be seen all summer in one of these numbers...

6 comments:

Claire said...

Oh those two pieces are shocking! From what I've heard, speedo and other swimwear lines do some cute, sporty, not horribly revealing one pieces and the colours are lovely.

Cxx

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I was looking for the exact same thing today. Land's End has some that aren't too bad.

Hope you are well! Just checking in to see your latest designs, etc.

peace~elaine

Ehlan said...

Try Gymboree too...I found a cute one piece there!

princesstomato said...

We just had this conversation on Saturday. My daughter is 11, and we are having a hard time finding a suit for her!

Becca said...

i like what she will be wearing... good for modesty and skin protection. my kids wore something very similar in past years. the board shorts and a swim shirt. also good for tummies in cold water.

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

I agree with you. Swim suits for girls are atrocious!!! I always have trouble finding something age appropriate. Luckily, the girls burn so much I pair the suit with a rash guard so it covers up anything the suit might miss!
I saw some cute mix & match pieces at oldnavy.com...you might try there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Story