Texas Trip Day 3 (Saturday)

10:13 PM

Saturday morning, we headed to downtown Fort Worth to the stockyards!  I have to admit, when Rod and Heidi said they were taking us to "the stockyards", I thought it was something with cars! ha!  Boy, was I off!  This was the first time that our family really felt like we were "in Texas" :)



It was very hot, again, and so our time was spent trying to be either in the air conditioning, or in the shade!  

The streets were so fun to walk down! 



And being the talkative girl I am, I made some new cowboy friends!  They were "real" cowboys!



Loved to see all the fun things that grow down in Texas!



I told Rod that I want one of these metal door things for my house!  How neat!!!



Here is our crew, minus Dexter, sitting in the shade and getting ready for the longhorns to come!


And, here they came!  They do this every day!




Wasn't sure about this sign... :)


I asked this man if I could take a picture of him, and he advised me that he was a bandit, and was a bad guy....they also do a "shoot em up" show for folks, too!


We had lunch at a fantastic BBQ place called Riscky's!  Our waiter was great!!!


After lunch, we went and toured Dexter's office!  He's big stuff down there in ol' Texas :)


Here is his cubical! And, word on the street is that he is moving into a "real office" in the next few weeks!!!




Next, we went to Dexter and Jessi's house!  Lots of sitting around, chatting, and being silly!







We had a yummy supper, and Finn and Adalynn got to sit alone at the kid table!!!


After supper, Dexter made us some snowcones, which were sooooo good, and then we got back to the hotel and did some swimming!!!

You Might Also Like

0 remarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...