What do ya do?

10:34 PM

Our family has never had Santa be part of our Christmas. From the beginning, Avery knew that Santa was not real, and we told her that he wasn't real. All was working well through her toddler years, and even her Pre-Kindergarten year....not so much this year.

Here comes my dilemma...

With her being in school, her friends are telling her that Santa comes to their houses and brings them presents. They make lists, set out cookies, and whatever else Santa-believers do.

Imagine her 6 year old mind thinking....hmmmm, why doesn't he bring me presents? Why doesn't he come to my house?

Avery told me that she told her friend the other day that Santa wasn't real. I don't want Avery to be that kid....the one that ruins the fun of Santa for anyone...

Which is why the other day was surprising to me. Avery said that she wanted to write Santa a letter....just in case he is real.

Daddy told her that Santa is not real, and that Jesus is. BUT, I suppose we can pretend with her, right? She said that she wants to pretend that he is real....So, I guess we're going to do that? Kind of confusing, but I guess we'll play along...

Not only that, but she wrote him this letter yesterday....



Then she had to place it in an envelope...


wrap it up real good...


Address it to the big guy himself.....


And put it somewhere where he will be sure to see it...ya know, for 'pretend'...


Oh Lord, I hope I'm not damaging this child...I'm trying to make her Christ-honoring, and I hope she'll understand someday the values we're trying to instill in her....

So, as of now, I guess we are going to "pretend to pretend that Santa is real"...good grief

what do to, what to do.....

You Might Also Like

11 remarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...